Know an aspiring scholar with an interest in games and communication theory? Here at the AU School of Communication we are looking for people with an interest in persuasive play, games that help journalists to communicate about complex policy issues, and much more. Send them our way.
The deadline to submit applications is December 15th, 2015!
- Location in DC is ideal for games (and game studies) tied to policy issues, global NGOs, national funders, politics, think tanks, (etc.!)
- Games is a strategic growth area at AU, with several tenure line faculty hires in the past two years, and a new degree in Game Design (MA) that launched just last year
- Accelerated program – finish your PhD in as little as three years
- Our game research areas — still emerging!
- The PhD program in Communication Studies — which is where the PhD is officially housed
- If you do apply, make sure to be in touch with our faculty at the AU Game Lab so they can look for your submission
(Above is our newly-renovated McKinley Building, where the Communication Studies division is located; a new building for our game design studio is also under construction.)