- Expanding the Peabody Awards: A New Approach for Games, Interactive Journalism and Documentary
- Recruiting 25+ libraries: Become a hub for making local GAMES and outdoor STORIES
- A poster on recent work (cross-post)
- Joining the Peabody Awards as Chief Advisor for Interactive
- Bringing my Playful Cities class to the new KID Museum (storytelling boxes and more)
Benjamin Stokes Follow
Media prof. @AmericanU, @auGameCenter @AU_SOC. Scholar of play and community empowerment. Democratizing design for stronger places. Book: LOCALLY PLAYED.
Tonight we will showcase our Hive Mechanic game authoring system for cities and libraries at the US Dept of Education's big #EdGamesExpo. Open to the public at 5:30pm in the Kennedy Center in DC.
Join ED at @kencen on September 20 & 21 for the 9th Annual ED Games Expo!
Registrer now for @IESResearch's FREE showcase of emerging & innovative education-related technologies: https://ies.ed.gov/sbir/EdGamesExpo.asp
We have a new OPEN CALL for aspiring neighborhood storytellers and outdoor game makers. Bring local history to life, "text with a sculpture," mural scavenger hunts, and more. $300 materials budget possible. Applications are due September 29. https://www.hivemechanic.org/workshops-for-libraries/recruiting1/
Interactive media & immersive experiences across @steam @unity @MetaQuestVR @youtube @minecraft @squareenix & more are deservedly being recognized as #storiesthatmatter. 🏆
📌 Submissions for Peabody consideration open now - Oct. 5.