With Tracy Fullerton, I will be doing a “Critical Conversation” session on Wednesday July 23, 2014 at 5pm. Our topic is the Reality Ends Here game, and the session considers the game’s learning goals and evaluation strategy (hint: network analysis, drawing on my dissertation research). The conference runs for several days, this year held at USC. In the conference organizers’ words: “The Serious Play Conference, now in our 4th year, is a leadership conference for professionals who embrace the idea that games can revolutionize learning.” See also the conference program.
- Joining the Peabody Awards as Chief Advisor for Interactive
- Bringing my Playful Cities class to the new KID Museum (storytelling boxes and more)
- Video released on “Layers of Place” (panel with Open Doc Lab)
- Book talk with Katie Salen @ G4C — June 30
- “Playful Making with Urban Furniture” (a talk with the Dept. of Ed)